The RAILSIM X® Software Suite is composed of multiple modules that simulate and analyze the specific features of rail and rapid transit systems relating to operations, signal engineering, and electric traction power networks. This includes the examination of power demand, consumption, and system performance as well as alternatives analysis for track outages, infrastructure configurations, and engineering designs. The software develops and achieves data collection and information to support essential business decisions and requirements.
- Schedules & Operating Plan Development Alternatives Analyses
- Equipment & Rolling Stock Performance
- Network Operations (Delay & Performance Analysis) Electric Traction Power Systems
- Signal Systems Designs
RAILSIM X® Modules
- RAILSIM X® Train Performance Calculator (TPC) generates detailed and highly accurate performance characteristics of a single train operating over a specified alignment. This performance data includes time, distance, velocity and acceleration, among many types of output.
- RAILSIM X® Editor (EDT) analyzes the development of infrastructure (track and signal system) and operations (trains, ridership, and failures/special operating conditions) of the rail network.
- RAILSIM X® Load Flow Analyzer (LFA) analyzes the loads, potentials, and regenerative braking receptivity, under prescribed operating conditions, on power systems that supply power to electrified rail systems.
- RAILSIM X® Signal Engineer (SIG) allows for design and analysis of rail and rapid transit signal systems.
- RAILSIM X® Network Simulator (SIM) is used to analyze full-system operations of even the most complex rail networks with multiple lines and branches, while simultaneously operating trains over parts of the system.
- RAILSIM X® Safe Braking Distance Calculator (SBC) calculates safe braking distances for “worst case” signal design purposes.
- RAILSIM X® Headway Calculator (HDC) automates signal clearing time (minimum supportable headway) processing for fixed block wayside and/or cab signal/ ATC train control designs.