Operations analysis and simulation help agencies address their system’s distinct needs and intricate challenges. It is a complement to all sectors of work—planning, design and engineering, systems, track, electrical, and construction.
So, to help clients with transportation investments and alternatives analysis, capital project planning, line capacity studies, signal system analysis, rail system power consumption studies and analysis, and operations simulation during and after construction, SYSTRA uses software tools that include our proprietary RAILSIM X® Software Suite and Rail Traffic Controller (RTC).
SYSTRA’s RAILSIM X® Software Suite is the rail and rapid transit industry’s leading analytical tool for modeling and simulating rail systems’ operations and performance. It is designed to simulate all facets of rail systems as well as the interactions of trains with infrastructure, control systems, and the operation of complex systems and networks. RAILSIM X® can accurately simulate any rail system–light rail, heavy rail, and high speed rail.
SYSTRA regularly customizes and enhances the RAILSIM X® software suite to users’ needs and experiences to improve rail and rapid transit operations. For more than 20 years, RAILSIM® has supported rail and rapid transit operating and engineering teams with the information and data required to effectively manage their rail systems. In continuing this legacy, new features supporting Communication Based Train Control (CBTC) and Terminal Manager will be introduced into the software. SYSTRA continues to lead the next generation of rail and rapid transit operational analysis and simulation software with RAILSIM X®. The RAILSIM X® Software Suite brings clients the benefit of SYSTRA’s extensive staff experience in signal engineering, rail operations, and electrical engineering. For additional information and updates, please contact email@example.com.
RAILSIM Enhancements and Key Features
The RAILSIM X® Software Suite is composed of multiple modules that simulate and analyze the specific features of rail and rapid transit systems relating to operations, signal engineering, and electric traction power networks. This includes the examination of power demand, consumption, and system performance as well as alternatives analysis for track outages, infrastructure configurations, and engineering designs. The software develops and achieves data collection and information to support essential business decisions and requirements.
- Schedules & Operating Plan Development Alternatives Analyses
- Equipment & Rolling Stock Performance
- Network Operations (Delay & Performance Analysis) Electric Traction Power Systems
- Signal Systems Designs
RAILSIM X® Modules
- RAILSIM X® Train Performance Calculator (TPC) generates detailed and highly accurate performance characteristics of a single train operating over a specified alignment. This performance data includes time, distance, velocity and acceleration, among many types of output.
- RAILSIM X® Editor (EDT) analyzes the development of infrastructure (track and signal system) and operations (trains, ridership, and failures/special operating conditions) of the rail network.
- RAILSIM X® Load Flow Analyzer (LFA) analyzes the loads, potentials, and regenerative braking receptivity, under prescribed operating conditions, on power systems that supply power to electrified rail systems.
- RAILSIM X® Signal Engineer (SIG) allows for design and analysis of rail and rapid transit signal systems.
- RAILSIM X® Network Simulator (SIM) is used to analyze full-system operations of even the most complex rail networks with multiple lines and branches, while simultaneously operating trains over parts of the system.
- RAILSIM X® Safe Braking Distance Calculator (SBC) calculates safe braking distances for “worst case” signal design purposes.
- RAILSIM X® Headway Calculator (HDC) automates signal clearing time (minimum supportable headway) processing for fixed block wayside and/or cab signal/ ATC train control designs.